- 1 How can I hide my water heater?
- 2 Is it OK to enclose a water heater?
- 3 How do I cover my bathroom hot water heater?
- 4 Can you hide a gas water heater?
- 5 Can you put tankless water heater in a closet?
- 6 Can you paint a water heater?
- 7 Can a water heater touch the wall?
- 8 Can an electric water heater explode?
- 9 Do water heaters need ventilation?
- 10 What is a water heater blanket?
- 11 How do you clean the burner on a hot water heater?
- 12 How can I hide my gas heater?
- 13 How do I hide the water lines in my laundry room?
How can I hide my water heater?
Ideas for Hiding a Hot Water Heater
- Add a Closet. If you have the space, you can hire a contractor to install drywall and a door.
- Create a Hot Water Cover or Cabinet. Creating a cabinet is a great option if you want something less permanent than a closet.
- Hang Curtains.
- Use a Room Divider or Screen.
Is it OK to enclose a water heater?
Hot water heaters — both gas and electric — can be enclosed. However, insulation blankets are no longer recommended for hot water heaters. Most defer to manufacturer recommendations when it comes to space allowance for an enclosed water heater.
How do I cover my bathroom hot water heater?
5 Ways to Hide Your Bathroom Water Heater
- Mask with a false ceiling. An opaque, separable false ceiling, made of gypsum board and fastened by hydraulic hinges to a false ceiling base, can be a striking cover for an unsightly water heater.
- Frame with a shower curtain.
- Warm up with solar heating.
- Install a cabinet.
Can you hide a gas water heater?
Buy a room divider that completely hides your water heater. Look for one that is tall enough to conceal the water heater and is able to wrap around the sides. Try to find a divider that matches the design in the rest of the room so it doesn’t stand out or seem out of place in your room.
Can you put tankless water heater in a closet?
Your tankless water heater can be installed just about anywhere! Due to the small size of your water heater, it can be mounted in many small spaces, including closets, under sinks, in pantries, or under stair storage areas.
Can you paint a water heater?
A water heater can be painted. Care must be taken to mask parts of the water heater that get hot. When painting a gas water heater, it is absolutely vital that the gas valve is turned off, and the water heater unplugged, so that the pilot light can’t ignite the paint fumes.
Can a water heater touch the wall?
water heater can sit against wall, but this can restrict air flow so keep stuff away from gas water heater.
Can an electric water heater explode?
An actual explosion is unlikely. But it’s still possible for the hot water system to “burst” because of the pressure build-up. Somehow the pressure should be released and if the pressure relief valve malfunctions, the result is a burst which could damage your home or injure anyone nearby.
Do water heaters need ventilation?
Venting. All natural gas water heaters must be vented to the outdoors to remove the byproducts of combustion. Atmospherically venting gas water heaters is the most common type of venting option used.
What is a water heater blanket?
An insulation blanket, or hot water heater blanket, is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a blanket that wraps around your hot water heater to keep it from losing heat. It also helps your hot water heater to maintain a consistent temperature.
How do you clean the burner on a hot water heater?
Usually the Flame Arrestor or Filter Screen is blocked with dust or lint and can be cleaned with a common household brush and a vacuum cleaner. To clean the FVIR system, first turn the water heater off. Allow the burner to cool for about 15 minutes.
How can I hide my gas heater?
How to Hide Ugly Gas Heaters
- Cover the ugly heater with a cabinet.
- Unplug the gas line from the heater.
- Lay two old doors flat and attach two hinges to the sides, connecting the two doors.
- Attach four casters to the bottom of a bookshelf, placing one caster on each corner.
How do I hide the water lines in my laundry room?
Here is a multitude of ways that you can hide pipes in your laundry room:
- Go industrial.
- Cover them with design tape.
- Add wood pipe wrapping.
- Add a bit of foliage.
- Cover them with bins.
- Build a false wall.
- Replace them with better looking pipes.
- Add wraparound lights.