- 1 Which brand of gas heater is best?
- 2 What is the most efficient natural gas heater?
- 3 How do I know what heater to buy?
- 4 Do all gas heaters need a flue?
- 5 Why are gas heaters so expensive?
- 6 How good are gas heaters?
- 7 What is the cheapest way of heating a house?
- 8 Are gas heaters more efficient?
- 9 How many watts do I need to heat a room?
- 10 Which type of room heater is best?
- 11 Can you sleep with a gas heater on?
- 12 Are gas heaters allowed in bedrooms?
- 13 Are gas heaters bad for your health?
Which brand of gas heater is best?
Best Gas Heaters
- Igenix IG9420BL Portable Freestanding Gas Heater.
- Elpine 4.2kw Calor Gas Portable Cabinet Heater.
- Garden Mile® 10Kw Industrial Heater Electric Fan Assisted Space Heater.
- Eden Gas Greenhouse Heater.
- Yellowstone Portable Gas Heater.
- Topflame Portable Gas Camping Heater.
- Sealey LP13 Space Warmer® Propane Heater.
What is the most efficient natural gas heater?
Our most efficient whole home heaters are:
- The Goodman GCVM970803BN 80000 BTU, 97% AFUE Variable Speed Gas Furnace, which has a thermal efficiency of 97%.
- The Goodman GMVM971205DN 120000 BTU, 98% AFUE Variable Speed Gas Furnace, which has a thermal efficiency of 98%.
How do I know what heater to buy?
In Summary. The most important things to consider when buying a space heater are the size of the space you want to heat and the heater type such as fan-forced heating, convection, radiant, and micathermic heating types. Other considerations include safety and convenience features.
Do all gas heaters need a flue?
No flue means emissions from the gas combustion process in the heater are vented back into your room. Illegal to use in bedrooms, bathrooms and other small or badly ventilated rooms, so for those areas you need a flued heater (which vents the products of combustion via a flue to the outside), or an electric heater.
Why are gas heaters so expensive?
Gas heaters quickly and efficiently heat a small to medium sized rooms. They are efficient and generally cost effective. You will also need to install a ‘flue’ to deal with hazardous fumes. Similar to stovetops, gas ovens heat faster than electric ovens, however they are more expensive to purchase.
How good are gas heaters?
Natural gas heating can deliver a warm and comfortable home without an uncomfortable energy bill. Gas heaters are fuel efficient, economical, and durable, as well as the perfect way to stay snug and warm during the cold winter months.
What is the cheapest way of heating a house?
The Energy Saving Trust says electric heaters are one of the most expensive forms of heating. It says the cheapest way to heat your home is by using an efficient gas central heating system, with a full set of thermostatic radiator valves, a room thermostat and a timer.
Are gas heaters more efficient?
Gas furnaces are more efficient. Gas takes less energy to heat the air circulating through your home. Natural gas also burns cleaner than coal, which produces the electricity needed for electric furnaces.
How many watts do I need to heat a room?
As a rule of thumb, you’ll need roughly 10 watts of heating power for every square foot of floor area in the room. This means that a 1,500-watt heater can be the primary heat source for an area measuring up to 150 square feet.
Which type of room heater is best?
Top 10 Best Room Heater in India 2021
- Havells Oil Filled Radiator – 9 Fin, 2400-Watt PTC Fan Heater (Best Overall)
- LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Hot and Cold Inverter Split AC (Best All Purpose)
- Orpat OEH-1260 2000-Watt Fan Heater (Apricot) (Best in Budget Options)
- Voltas 1.5 Ton Hot & Cold Window AC (Copper 18H CZP White)
Can you sleep with a gas heater on?
Can I leave my heater on overnight? Fearon emphasises that you should not leave a gas heater on overnight. Some other heaters can be left on overnight, says Barnes, but “it’s a good idea to turn it down”. “A lot of them will have timer options on them so you can run it for a couple of hours while you go to sleep.
Are gas heaters allowed in bedrooms?
Unvented gas heaters are designed for supplemental use only. Do not use unvented heaters in bedrooms, bathrooms, or confined spaces. Provide adequate ventilation, as required in the owner’s manual. If the home has weatherstripped doors and windows an outside air source will likely be required.
Are gas heaters bad for your health?
Gas heaters emit carbon monoxide directly into the room and increase the level of indoor pollutants which can potentially harm human health including high incidents of respiratory symptoms. Heater burning consumes oxygen while gas leakage results in suffocation if the romms are not properly ventilated.