- 1 How do I turn on my gas patio heater?
- 2 Can you start a patio heater with a lighter?
- 3 Can you bypass thermocouple on patio heater?
- 4 How do you purge air from a patio heater?
- 5 How does a gas patio heater work?
- 6 How do you light a patio?
- 7 How do you light a patio heater without a pilot light?
- 8 How do you know if you have a bad thermocouple?
- 9 Can you bypass the thermocouple?
- 10 Can you jump a thermocouple?
How do I turn on my gas patio heater?
Let’s get connecting!
- The regulator switch should start in the off position.
- Place the regulator down onto the gas bottle valve and press downwards firmly until you hear the audible ‘click’.
- To turn the gas on, turn the gas on/off switch a quarter turn anticlockwise to the ‘on’ position.
Can you start a patio heater with a lighter?
For Automatic Ignition Patio Heaters Press the control knob and while still applying force to it, use a lighter or match to ignite the burner. This can be done by sticking a lighter into the match lighting hole on the patio heater. Once a flame appears, release the pressure on the control knob.
Can you bypass thermocouple on patio heater?
Can You Bypass Thermocouples On Patio Heaters? Constant heat supply ensures that your patio heater pilot light is lit at all times. If your unit is receiving no heat, this won’t be so. To temporarily sort the situation, you can bypass thermocouples until you have funds to replace them.
How do you purge air from a patio heater?
The solution for this is to purge the gas line. Open the gas line by turning the knob on the propane tank to fully open. Then depress the control knob for two to three minutes. Make sure all gas has cleared before attempted to ignite the patio heater.
How does a gas patio heater work?
Gas patio heaters, just like electric patio heaters, distribute heat via radiation. This is the same form of heat given off by the sun. Radiant heat from the gas flame warms people and objects directly, without heating the air. This is the most efficient way of heating outdoors.
How do you light a patio?
The trick to getting a well-lit outdoor patio is directing the light just where you need it. When it comes to ambient lighting, overhead lighting is a great option, be it outdoor pendants or even string lights.
How do you light a patio heater without a pilot light?
Heaters without Pilot Light Ignition System
- Make sure heater is in the “off” position and propane tank is completely closed.
- Attach propane tank and open slowly until is in a fully open position.
- Depress gas control knob and turn to the “low” position.
- Continue to keep gas control knob depressed for 30 seconds.
How do you know if you have a bad thermocouple?
If you can’t get the flame to light at all, and you’re sure the gas is on, there’s probably an obstruction in the pilot tube. If the flame lights and goes out when you release the gas control knob after holding it in for the recommended 20 to 30 seconds, that’s the sign of a thermocouple malfunction.
Can you bypass the thermocouple?
So if you want to bypass the thermocouple you have to get rid of the spring mechanism. You can bypass the spring mechanism by simply using a screwdriver to pop out the little e-clip and take the valve off and problem solved.
Can you jump a thermocouple?
Realistically, you have just disabled the thermocouple, but you can also reach in and unclip it from its holding bracket where it meets the pilot light. In most cases it will be held on with a gravity clip, but some are held on with a screw that must be removed with a small screwdriver.